The Internet Media Group actively works on new lossless techniques for image and video coding. Despite the majority of the employed multimedia codecs are usually lossy, lossless cannot be avoided for particular application domains, such as studio and archiving applications. Moreover, it is important to archive information in a lossless format efficiently since this will enable the possibility to recode information in the future when improved lossy codecs are developed. Comparisons with state-of-the-art and standards (when available) are always performed.
- Lectio Magistralis of prof. Meo on Jan 26, 2015
- Seminar by prof. Andrea Valle about Sound Synthesis and Algorithmic Composition
- New thesis on “implementing perceptual video quality metrics” added
- New PhD course “Multimedia Communications” begins
- New theses in collaboration with companies (new deadline Oct 20, 2014)